Updated 18th May 2018
We recognise that privacy is important, and this policy outlines our procedures to ensure your personal data remains secure and in accordance with current applicable UK Data Protection Legislation, along with other laws relating to privacy and electronic communications.
Who we are
Based in the UK, Synapse Connected provides management consultancy and business software applications and services.
The types of data collected and why
We obtain personal data about you:
- When you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide;
- When you engage with us to provide services, and during the provision of those services;
- From publicly available resources such as LinkedIn;
- Via the website (https://synapseconnected.com) if you contact us or request marketing to be sent to you.
We collect the following types of data:
- Identity data such as names, date of birth, etc;
- Contact data such as addresses and telephone numbers;
- Marketing and communication preference data.
We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data“). The source of the usage data is Google Analytics.
The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use.
We only use your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. The basis for this depends on the purpose for which it was obtained. This may be to:
- To fulfil the contract of services between us and our clients;
- Provide you with information related to our services which you may request from us or we feel may interest you;
- Seek your opinions on the services we provide.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided those interest do not override any of your own interests, rights or freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We do not transfer or store data outside the EEA.
We may need to share your information with certain third parties, however we will only do this where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us. These may include suppliers or associates to perform certain functions on our behalf, or if required or permitted by law.
In all cases we require our third-party providers to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to safeguard your information. They are only permitted to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with instructions.
We only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. In some cases, we may anonymise your personal data (so it can no longer identify you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
It is important the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal data changes and we need to update our records using the contact details below.
Under certain circumstances you have certain rights in connection with your personal data;
- Right of access to your data (provide you with a copy of your data);
- Right to rectification (correct your data;
- Right of erasure (erase data we hold on you);
- Right to restrict processing (temporarily suspend processing of your data);
- Right of portability (to move your data to another controller);
- Right to be informed (what we use your data for and how long for);
- Right to object (cease using your data).
If you have any concerns or want to exercise these rights, please contact us using the e-mail address below.
We may revise this policy from time to time, any future notices will be updated on our website.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. The contact details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113